Method Architecture is a uniquely ego-free architecture firm, committed to a systematic creative process that focuses on clients and their needs first and foremost. Operating with the flexibility of a small firm, but with a big reach, Method is a full-service architecture firm specializing in tenant finish and ground-up projects encompassing public, corporate, industrial, breweries/distilleries and retail.
Each of our Studio Managers oversee a team of project designers and are primarily responsible for the successful execution of projects of all scales. The current open position includes the management of public projects such as those for AISD, ACC, TFC, TWC, City of Austin, City of Round Rock and City of Pflugerville. This position requires participation in firm operations and management with a focus on higher level project management, organization, efficiency and quality.
- Manage and mentor a team of project Designers
- Assist accounting in billing and project profitability
- Conduct annual project designer reviews
- Individual workload distribution
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Conference calls and meetings with clients, engineers, vendors, and general contractors
- Quality control
- Production management
- Some administrative work
- Firm representation at networking events
- Business Development
- Participation in RFQ & RFP responses
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor degree in Architecture or related field
- Licensed Architect in Texas preferred
This information is to be treated as an overview of the position and not all encompassing of the role. The management team has the ability to assign other tasks as needed to ensure the success of the position.
Submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF file (maximum 5MB) with the subject line “Studio Manager – Austin” to JMcDonald[at]methodarchitecture[dot]com. No hard copies, drop-ins, phone calls, or recruiter inquiries will be accepted.
Life at Method
Method Architecture’s employees participate in a collaborative work environment that facilitates the cultivation of fresh and exciting ideas to fulfill the specific needs of the client. Method is pleased to have an open approach to employment with an ego-free, positive environment for employees in which everyone can thrive.
Method Architecture offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 100% paid employee health, dental, vision, & life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement account with employer matching
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Company retreat
- Quarterly team building activities
- Annual performance reviews