Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with project leads/business development on pursuit, SOQ and proposal strategies and win themes
• Review requests and lead kickoff meeting and subsequent status meetings
• Work with leadership and technical SMEs to craft appropriate and compliant RFP responses
• Manage the development and production of SOQ and proposal responses (RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s, LOI’s etc.) in a deadline-intensive, fast-paced environment; includes developing graphically attractive submittals that visually communicate key points
• Perform research, provide editing and manage review schedule of submittal documents
• Coordinate with subcontractors/teaming partners
• Coordinate printing, final delivery and archiving of submittals
• Work with project leads to conduct client debriefs
• Collaborate with Business Development on client presentation/interview strategy
• Create client presentation/interview materials
• Create printed leave-behinds and other presentation materials
• Help prepare interview teams for client presentations
• Create project descriptions and resumes by interviewing project personnel and reviewing existing documentation; perform other writing and editing assignments as needed
• Assist/manage other Proposal Coordinators by performing quality control checks, providing style and grammar edits and verifying data provided in proposals
• Provide updates to company marketing database for information used in proposals and other marketing materials
• Assist business development efforts with competitor analysis, selection panel profiling, collecting and reviewing the competition’s past proposals, conducting web research, etc.
• Research leads generated from sales & business development efforts
• Research market to monitor economics and identify key people, trends and client opportunities, as needed
• Supports the Company to achieve its vision and mission, while successfully practicing its core values related to employees, ethics, operational excellence, safety, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
• Perform other tasks as assigned to help accomplish the Company’s strategic goals.
Required Experience - Education and Skills
• A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Solid relevant experience in the AEC field
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrable organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines.
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401K profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to career[at]sam[dot]biz. SAM is not seeking nor intends to consider unsolicited resumes or other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. SAM participates in the federal E-Verify Program.