Founded in 1992, Baer Engineering is a vibrant environmental, industrial hygiene, and engineering consulting firm with offices in Austin and San Antonio. Our mission is Sustainability through Responsible Engineering of the Built Environment™. Our staff strive to accomplish our mission through continuing education, accountability, and excellence. Our success is founded on the delivery of high-quality environmental and engineering services on challenging projects. The ability to exceed our clients’ expectations has enabled Baer Engineering to grow our repeat clientele list to include educational, healthcare, and lending institutions; building owners and managers; local, state, and federal agencies; light and heavy industry; commercial developers; and prime architectural / engineering firms.
Our staff take a personal approach to each project, focusing on client needs, understanding the complex and often overlapping regulatory framework in which our clients do business, and maximizing our resources to accomplish project goals. Our culture is family-oriented and guided by a code of ethical conduct and the principles and philosophies outlined in the Baer Engineering Employee Handbook™. Integrity, safety, quality, urgency, and accountability are canons each Baer Engineering employee exemplifies.
The Proposal Coordinator will provide marketing support from Baer Engineering’s Austin office. General duties will include preparing proposals, qualification statements, presentations, website content, and other marketing materials. This position coordinates the proposal process from the decision to proceed forward with a response to the solicitation through the proposal development and final submittal. The Proposal Coordinator may assist and support business development staff by attending pre-response meetings, trade shows, and other marketing events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to details
- Multi-tasking and priority-savvy skills to manage more than one proposal at a time
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of A&E industry vernacular and delivery methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing, communications, library science, graphic design, or other related field from a two- or four-year college or university (desirable but will entertain experienced candidate with no degree)
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND DESIRABLE QUALITIES
- Works with business development and technical staff in a collaborative working environment to identify and clarify the solicited scope of services.
- Identifies proposal requirements and develops proposal checklists and schedules.
- Assists with outreach for team building.
- Schedules and leads proposal strategy and review meetings.
- Establishes priorities and schedules for information gathering, data calls, project write-ups, and proposal review meetings to meet deadlines.
- Coordinates with professional staff in a timely manner to define their proposal assignments.
- Updates proposal status on group platform.
- Produces and transmits final proposals using Adobe InDesign desktop publishing and typesetting software.
- Prepares shortlist presentations using MicroSoft PowerPoint presentation program and develops client leave-behind materials.
- Periodically assists with writing text for company website and other marketing materials.
- Formats and maintains resumes and master projects list for staff.
- Assists with trade shows booth information and giveaways.
- Assists with social media information.
- Inventories and orders proposal supplies and marketing materials.
- Takes incoming calls and directs to the appropriate service line.
- Performs additional assignments, as requested.
The Proposal Coordinator position requires the ability to meet project deadlines without supervision. Ideal qualities include self-motivation; resourcefulness; good judgement; resilience to changing priorities; organizational skills; attentiveness to details; commitment to meeting Baer Engineering’s high-quality standards; and congeniality.
Baer Engineering’s work environment is smoke-free and drug-free.
No recruiters, head hunters, or staffing agencies permitted.