Our Purpose Statement:
We exist to advocate for owners and dramatically improve the building process.
The Broaddus Companies are recognized leaders providing proven planning and project management services to public and private sector owners on significant design and construction programs throughout Texas. The Texas‐based firm is consistently ranked in the Top 100 Program Managers by Engineering News Record magazine. Projects are typically for large institutional owners, including higher education, research, healthcare, government, and not‐for‐profit clients.
The Broaddus Companies are a collective of firms that provide leadership on all phases of a construction project from conception to completion. Since our founding in 2000, we have fostered multiple corporate affiliates in the areas of project management, planning, design and construction. Our professional services firm is presently seeking a full-time Senior Marketing Coordinator to facilitate our marketing initiatives. This role spans multiple entities in The Broaddus Companies, including Broaddus Planning, Broaddus & Associates, and Broaddus Construction.
This is a salaried position with full employee benefits based in our Austin office. This role will work on all aspects of our marketing efforts, including the development, updating, and management of all written and graphic marketing content for our firms. Individual responsibilities are outlined as follows.
Proposal and Qualifications Development
- Facilitate the procurement (proposal) response process, including evaluating RFPs/RFQs and ensuring the necessary resources are engaged to produce our qualifications.
- Critical Primary Skill - Draft and/or edit written content for use in proposals, statements of qualifications, and other marketing content. This responsibility cannot be underestimated. Our expectations is that our marketing staff can conduct individual interviews with staff members, clients, and partners to create a compelling narrative that not only conveys technical details but delivered value and positive impact of our team’s performance. Design and construction industry knowledge and vocabulary is needed to translate from the field (project) to the proposal to the client and communicate value and differentiation.
- Develop and manage the pursuit timeline for proposal milestones that identifies applicable draft deadlines, delegated responsibilities, and other necessary metrics.
- Work with company leadership to develop proposals/pursuits.
- Manage team to develop complete proposal and qualifications drafts that include relevant project/personnel experience and tailored content that is suitable for leadership review.
- Manage quality assurance/quality control on proposals, qualifications, brochures, and presentations.
- Manage marketing content, including drafting and/or editing resumes, project descriptions and other written content for use in marketing resources.
Communications and Content Management
- Develop content and coordinate with senior management on social media presence.
- Facilitate external communications such as company newsletter, video production, boutique emails, and coordinate all necessary permissions from clients and internal staff.
- Manage the content for company websites.
- Coordinate and manage all marketing communication strategies, both internally and externally.
- Oversee marketing databases, photos, client contacts, project information, project experience lists, staff experience, and resumes.
- Oversee initiatives to engage with key clients and organizations for conferences, publications, awards, and company events.
- Identify speaking engagements to present firm expertise to client-facing organizations.
Required Skills and Education
- A 2 or 4-year college degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Creative Writing, or Communications. A degree in Engineering, Construction Science, or Architecture is also acceptable, even preferred if the other requirements can be met as well.
- Superior research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Preferred marketing experience in the A/E/C or comparable professional service industry that includes producing proposal responses and marketing content.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, and capable of learning Deltek Vision and other software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with developing and implementing marketing plans.
- Production and cost knowledge (print, collateral materials, video, etc.) and technical experience with all communication types.
- Experience with web design (HTML, PHP, Joomla, K2, WordPress, Wix).
- Experience with implementing and growing social media messaging and content.
- Self-directed with a willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure, maintaining a professional demeanor in a competitive and results-driven market (design / construction market).
- Extremely reliable and adaptable to change.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
Please apply on our LinkedIn page:
Send resume and cover letter to Hyde Griffith, P.E. at hgriffith[at]BroaddusUSA[dot]com