Do RFPs make you smile? Are you a proposal guru? Do you want to drive strategic decisions on multi-million dollar projects? Want to join a prominent Architecture and Interiors firm in the fastest growing city in the US? If so, STG Design is the right place for you!
STG Design is looking for a Proposal Coordinator to join our Austin office. STG’s employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; STG encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates a healthy sense of humor.
STG’s Austin office is located in the heart of the downtown we helped shape, next to some of the city’s best shopping, entertainment and dining spots (including the Whole Foods flagship store)!
- An award-winning commercial architecture and interior design firm with a 40-year history of delivering custom-designed solutions that leave our clients asking for more.
- Focused on outstanding customer service, design excellence and improving our community
- Committed to helping our employees become better professionals and better people
You Excel at:
- Working both independently and on a team with internal clients at all levels in person and remotely
- Reviewing / interpreting RFPs to ensure competitive responses that are timely and compliant
- Working with a project team to gather, organize, and tailor information to meet requirements
- Crafting answers to persuasively tell the story of STG
- Marketing data and customer retention management
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or related field
- 4+ years of experience in capture planning and proposal development in Architecture industry
- Proposal development experience for broad range of RFPs
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with an emphasis on persuasive writing, editing and presentation development
- Team player with the ability to work well with all types and levels of professionals
- Strong graphic and presentation experience
- Proficiency in Word, InDesign and PowerPoint software
- Outstanding organizational and logistical skills, ability to work under pressure and ability to work overtime
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving ability
The Proposal Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Business Development and the Marketing Manager on proposal responses/interviews, lead tracking, and post-project data collection. Regular tasks include:
- Support opportunity-specific market research, competitive analyses, etc. on leads, opportunities, clients, projects, and competitors.
- Participate in capture planning/win strategy development with key role of identifying proposal needs (e.g., resources, materials, information, expertise) and in carrying out win strategy tactics.
- Write new text and/or tailor existing materials (general text, resumes, project descriptions), which may include interviewing staff/technical experts, to incorporate win strategy/capture plan information into text, to meet RFP requirements, and provide the most competitive RFP responses.
- Attend client pre-proposal and debrief meetings; share lessons learned and best practices across teams.
- Perform a variety of data and knowledge management activities such as updating, organizing, cataloging and storing information for current and future proposal needs using a shared Inside Sales team network drive.
- Support sales pipeline tracking, maintenance, training, reporting.
- Support development of client interview presentations
- Research potential clients, monitor websites for RFP’s
- Track and monitor relationships
- Track Win Rate
- Create monthly pipeline reports
- Facilitate Client Satisfaction Program
We can’t wait to talk to you! Please submit resumes to STGResumes[at]stgdesign[dot]com and include “Austin Proposal Coordinator” in the subject line.