Stantec is seeking a Promotional Programs Specialist to join our South Central marketing team.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. This allows us to assess what's needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what's never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
As part of the Stantec Marketing Team, you have a direct role in connecting over 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents to projects that positively impact our communities. Your role is to help bring our story to life and present it in creative and compelling ways.
Are you a natural organizer? Do you enjoy interacting with people, thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple initiatives at once?
Stantec is looking for a Promotional Programs Specialist for our South Central Region. This position requires someone who has a creative side and likes to connect with others — a team player who knows how to showcase a brand so that it stands out among the competition.
About the role
The Promotional Programs Specialist is responsible for strategic plan development, implementation and coordination of local and regional tradeshows, conferences, and events; sponsorships; advertising campaigns; and photography. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, can manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and enjoys working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
Combining an outgoing personality with strong marketing sensibilities, you’ll look for creative ways to help us achieve our company-wide and regional goals for growth and market leadership in selected events and activities.
There’ll be many opportunities for you to put your proven experience to work within the South Central marketing team. Events and sponsorships are vital to building Stantec’s brand and connecting our team with existing and future clients. You’ll serve as the key contact for strategic promotional activities for the region and provide planning, development and coordination of a range of activities while working with an internal team of providers including marketing specialists, communications specialists and graphic designers. You’ll help maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to promotional activity.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business, or a related area.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing related field (experience in related field such as engineering, architecture, etc. an asset).
- Proven experience managing and leading promotional initiatives including local and regional tradeshows, conferences, and events; sponsorships; advertising campaigns; and photography.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities across several business lines and sectors in the region
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint’
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to work well with a variety of personality types.
- Ability to collaborate with various teams and to work independently.
Click HERE to apply online!