Walker Partners is a medium sized, regional civil engineering and surveying firm with offices in Austin, Waco, Killeen, and College Station. We have an immediate opening in our Austin office for an enthusiastic professional with a background in office administrative support and communications who could fill our full-time Office Manager/Marketing Support position.
This position is a broad‐based role, with core responsibilities of (1) assisting with the Austin office day‐to‐day office management responsibilities, and (2) marketing support as follows:
- Writing, proofing and editing information for proposals and marketing materials
- Serving as the office Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in carrying out general office duties, including the following:
- Front desk – answer phones (take and deliver messages as needed), greet clients, visitors, contractors, etc.
- Order all office supplies, overnight delivery supplies, and maintain supply closets
- Prepare overnight packages and outgoing mail
- Open and deliver incoming mail
- Run errands as needed (store, deliveries, etc.)
- Create/set up new projects in Vision
- Update clients lists
- Coordinate Christmas cookie preparation and deliveries
- Call for repair on copiers/office machines when needed
- Prepare agreements with clients
- Punch and bind reports, proposals, etc.
- Prepare transmittal letters, letters, cost estimates, bid tabulations, memoranda, etc.
- Maintain plan holders lists for projects out for bids. Field questions from contractors, suppliers, and plan rooms. Copy bid documents as needed. Mail/overnight bid documents. Distribute addenda to plan holders.
- Assemble Contract Documents for construction projects
- Assist Managers, Project Managers, and COO as needed with special projects, proposals, marketing materials, etc.
- Assist Survey Manager with on‐line deed research
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two to three years of communications/writing experience and a minimum of three to five years of administrative assistant experience. Our firm is seeking a positive, committed, self‐motivated, organized and detail‐oriented individual who anticipates issues and thrives on creative, independent problem solving within a deadline‐driven (quick‐paced) environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, English (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Minimum of 3‐5 years of related experience in the A/E/C industry
- Understanding of social media as it pertains to business communications
- Strong spirit of teamwork and outstanding collaborative interpersonal skills
- Strong technical writing and editing skills
- Data organizing skills
- Self‐starter, multi‐tasker, organized and detail‐oriented
- Possesses a sense of urgency to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
- Ability to successfully collaborate with various personalities
- Minimal travel may be required
Our firm provides a competitive salary and benefits. This position reports directly to the Business Development Manager.
Send résumé, writing samples and letter of interest by email to nnichols[at]walkerpartners[dot]com. No phone calls, please.