WSP, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm has an immediate opening for a college student in good standing working toward a relevant degree within an accredited program, with an interest in public infrastructure projects. This would be for a minimum of three months beginning in October/November 2017. Candidate will provide assistance to the Texas/Mountain region in the Austin office and will gain experience in the implementation of transportation and infrastructure pursuits located in the region.
Major Tasks and Duties will include:
- Prepare graphics and layout for proposal submissions
- Prepare materials for presentations or client meetings
- Produce proposal materials (graphics, text, forms)
- Gather information on clients, and prospective client projects
- Assist with updating marketing materials, including resumes and project descriptions
- Other duties are assigned
- Minimum three months of experience in marketing and have a strong desire to advance relevant skills related to public infrastructure projects preferred
- Preferred background in journalism, publishing, or communications
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite experience, as well as ability to work in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and coordination skills (both oral and written)
- Strong graphic design/layout and long document management skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality materials under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Two years of college in a four or five year degree within an accredited program.
- Must have completed courses related to business, marketing, communications and/or journalism.
- CURRENT standing as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student actively enrolled in a Marketing or related Undergraduate or Graduate Program. (Those who have already completed degree studies do not qualify as candidates for this or any of our internships.)
- The ability to work in the United States immediately.
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
Considering local candidates only. Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Students may apply here: http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/adhocjobsearchUS.asp, then search by Job ID# 35121.