Marketing Director Position:
The Broaddus Companies are a collective of firms that provide leadership on all phases of a construction project from conception to completion. Since our founding in 2000, we have fostered multiple corporate affiliates in the areas of project management, planning, finance, design and construction. Our professional services firm is presently seeking a full-time Marketing Director to lead our marketing initiatives throughout our multiple companies and regions.
This position is based in our Austin office working with all branches of our firm, and is a salaried position with full employee benefits. This role is responsible for all aspects of our marketing efforts, including the development, updating, and management of all written and graphic marketing content for our firms. Individual responsibilities are outlined as follows.
- Manage the procurement response process, including evaluating RFPs/RFQs and ensuring the necessary resources are engaged to produce our qualifications.
- Draft and/or edit written content for use in proposals, statements of qualifications, and other marketing content.
- Develop and manage the pursuit timeline for proposal milestones that identifies applicable draft deadlines, delegated responsibilities, and other necessary metrics.
- Work with company leadership to develop differentiators for proposals/pursuits.
- Work with team to develop complete proposal and qualifications drafts that include relevant project/personnel experience and tailored content that is suitable for leadership review.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control on proposals, qualifications, brochures, and presentations.
- Act as champion for marketing content, including drafting and/or editing resumes, project descriptions and other written content for use in marketing resources.
- Develop content and coordinate with senior management on social media presence.
- Develop external communications such as company newsletter, video production, boutique emails, and coordinate all necessary permissions from clients and internal staff.
- Manage the content for company websites.
- Coordinate and manage all marketing communication strategies, both internally and externally.
- Work with firm leadership to focus marketing message and strategy.
- Provide strategy and direction for market sector development in collaboration with each service and geographic leader.
- Oversee initiatives to engage with key clients and organizations for conferences, publications, awards, and company events.
- Identify speaking engagements to present firm expertise to client-facing organizations.
- Supervise and mentor in-house graphic design and marketing staff.
- Coordinate in-house marketing staff as needed to ensure the timely production of all marketing deliverables.
- Assist in tracking marketing items for an annual marketing budget and expenses.
- Oversee marketing databases, photos, client contacts, project information, project experience lists, staff experience and resumes.
Required Skills and Education:
- A 2 or 4-year college degree preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- At least 5 years of marketing experience in the A/E/C or comparable professional service industry that includes producing proposal responses and marketing content.
- Superior research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with developing and implementing marketing plans.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey and capable of learning Deltek Vision and other software packages.
- Vast production and cost knowledge (print, collateral materials, video, etc.) and technical experience with all communication types
- Experience with web design (HTML, PHP, Joomla, K2, WordPress, Wix)
- Experience with implementing and growing social media messaging
- Self-directed with a willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative
- Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Extremely reliable and adaptable to change
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
If interested, please forward your resume and salary history to HR[at]broaddususa[dot]com.