At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse companies in our industry. Today, our more than 54,000 employees around the world provide a broad range of technical services to our industrial, commercial and government clients in multiple industries.
Our global network includes more than 230 offices with operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia. With 2016 revenues of nearly $11 billion, we offer full-spectrum support to industrial, commercial, and government clients. Services include scientific and specialty consulting, as well as all aspects of engineering, architecture, construction, program & construction management, and operations & maintenance.
More than 90 percent of our work is repeat business. That commitment to client value and partnership produces consistent cost advantages, profits and growth, allowing us to attract and retain the industry's top talent. Our strict dedication to Safety and uncompromising Ethics & Integrity create a work environment that promotes employee progress and helps grow our business.
We can tangibly measure the value we bring to clients every day — wherever in the world they may be, in any industry or technical discipline. In fact, in FY2016 we produced more than $7.79 billion in client savingsthrough our JacobsValue+ program, a record achievement.
Jacobs is listed in the S&P 500 stock market index, and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol JEC. Our headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas.
Working closely with the Inside Sales Manager and Inside Sales Coordinator, the Intern provides marketing and administrative support services to Jacob’s Inside Sales Organization within the Global Building and Infrastructure Line of Business.
- Assists with developing sales documents using applicable tools, guidelines and templates.
- Implements opportunity response plans i.e. activities, deliverables, owners, milestones etc.
- Collects company data or conducts internal/external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents and/or strategy development.
- Maintains sales qualification materials and supporting information in designated information management or filing systems.
- Develops appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices etc. between offices.
- Conducts client, competitor and market research as required in support of client and/or opportunity strategy development.
- Collaborates with the designated core client sponsorship team to establish and populate dedicated core client information repositories (e.g. eRooms), and supports the development of documented client strategies and related information.
- Assists in the preparation of written and graphical elements of sales opportunity response documents such as proposals, qualifications and presentations.
- Interacts with operations and outside sales personnel to support development of sales material.
- Proofs and edits technical and non-technical documents for consistency.
- Works with designated response team members to develop opportunity response plans in alignment with our Relationship Based Sales (RBS) process.
- Organizes and participates in response-related meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate.
- Assists in the production of response documents (printing, copying, binding, shipping)
- Anticipated Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or comparable discipline from a four-year college or university in the next 2 years is required
- Advanced skills and experience working with Microsoft Office suite and with proficiency in database applications required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice required
- Able to travel as needed required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter at https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=BI%2000013B