Stantec is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our South Central marketing team.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. This allows us to assess what's needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what's never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
As part of the Stantec Marketing Team, you have a direct role in connecting over 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents to projects that positively impact our communities. Your role is to help bring our story to life and present it in creative and compelling ways.
Seeking a collaborative Graphic Designer to join our South Central marketing team!
For many, communicating ideas, emotions, and meaning without saying a word is next to impossible. For a graphic designer, the sky’s the limit. That’s why the person in this role is key to helping Stantec position our brand resourcefully and effectively.
Around here, a graphic designer provides creative services to help build campaigns and proposals based on our brand. By artfully developing and executing design solutions from concept to completion, this person drives value to the marketing and communications team as well as the business as a whole, through brand awareness.
Effectively applying the right idea is just as important as coming up with it in the first place. That’s why the Graphic Designer uses their skills in visual storytelling to create and execute design solutions, bringing our brand to life. They also:
- Design proposals and business development materials for print and online
- Design for special events, thinking big picture about the visitor’s experience
- Act as a photography contact in collaboration with Marketing
- Contribute to brand awareness campaigns and integrate them across multiple mediums
- Present and defend creative concepts, sharing the story behind their work
This is where a Graphic Designer really shows their knowledge of design. Using talent built through education and experience paired with a creative eye, they help elevate their profession. Their contributions to the design team help create a tight-knit design discipline at Stantec. In their role, this person:
- Collaborates with the design team, shares in-progress designs
- Thoughtfully incorporates feedback from internal clients and team members
- Acts as a Brand Champion. Works with the marketing team to proactively educate our internal clients on brand guidelines and design best practices
- Conducts ongoing benchmarking to stay on top of industry trends, new technologies, and design software
Creativity is applied everywhere in this role—even in the organization and planning that comes with contributing to a project from brainstorming to finalization. A Graphic Designer is responsible for:
- Managing and completing all work on time, within brand guidelines, and error-free
- Coordinating with the marketing and design team to create and execute design solutions
- Seeking input proactively and searching out content from others; attending meetings to understand needs/scope of a project
- Successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities, marrying short timeframes with high-quality work
Personal Skills and Other Skills
People have a lot of good things to say about the person in this role. They are bright, innovative, and on-trend. They are also:
- A pro organizer who is detail-oriented and has exceptional prioritization skills
- A team player and an independent spirit
- A keen student of print design and print process, always striving to learn more
- A specialist in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Marketo experience is a plus.
- A whiz with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A confident communicator with senior management, supervisors, peers, vendors and clients
- A solid team player with a desire to work within the Stantec marketing & communications community
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The person in this role also requires:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in a graphic design role in a medium- to large-sized organization or design agency
Click HERE to apply online!